Spotlight: Renaldo Price

Friday, December 17, 2010

By The Music Scoop
JR Staff Writer

In the entertainment business, one phrase often used is "don't quit your dayjob." The phrase is meant for those who might not be as good at entertaining as they think they are. But, in this day and age with the internet making things so easy, everyone appears to have quit their dayjob. Most of these people lack talent but try.

Renaldo Price has the talent and he is doing all he can to make sure he reaches his goal. Despite his talent and his connections, Price has yet to quit his dayjob. He works seven days a week as a truck driver and he spends the remainder of his time pushing his career. Price has been signing for years and he is on the verge of making it big.

JR was lucky enough to catch up with Renaldo Price over the phone for an exclusive interview.

JR: Hey Renaldo, how are you?
RP: I'm doing great man.
JR: How do you mix R&B and your work
RP: I work 7 days a week, so I sacrifice and grind to go after what I want and hard work pays off.
JR: Have you ever been close to quitting?
RP: All of the time, but I realize success does not come overnight. Patience is a virtue so I stay patient.
JR: Do you have any deals on the table?
RP: Yes some labels have contacted me, but my main connection with Greg Charlie, who has worked with the likes of Usher and Mariah Carey.
JR: Switching gears, do you have any children?
RP: Yes, I have two sons, ages 7 and 3.
JR: What values do you hope to instill in them that they should carry for life?
RP: I always try to lead by example and my hard work. I try to show them all options, but I do tell them hard work pays off. I want them to look back and say their father was a R&B singer. I try to walk the walk and talk the talk for them.
JR: Can you explain your relationship with Soulja Boy and S.O.D. Entertainment?
RP: My team knows a few of Soulja Boy's associates and by March I want to contact them to see if Soulja Boy would do a feature on my album.
JR: Do you see acting in the future?
RP: Actually, I see myself producing movies. I see myself owning an entertainment company in the future.
JR: The Dream Girls album is your debut album, correct?
RP: Yes, but it is actually the hit single off my EP, Renaldo Price: A Man Like Me.
JR: For the album, do you have any collaborations planned outside of Soulja Boy?
RP: Yeah, my team has reached out to Diamond, KeKe Wyatt, Shawnna, Tiffany Evans, but I do want to work with Jamie Foxx, I kid you not he is my idol. I see myself as the latest soul R&B artists. I love true music, it never goes away.
JR: How do you feel about El DeBarge's comeback?
RP: I think it's great. He took some time off and he came back and he is leading true music back. I think it's great that he's coming back.
JR: How do you feel about Michael Jackson's posthumous album?
RP: With me being a big MJ fan, he needs to have his own reign. I think the album will be good because of the collaborations with the mixture of talent.
JR: Well, Renaldo, it has been nice talking with you, we wish you the best of luck!
RP: Thank you, I am working on many different ventures and I am going to Atlanta to further my career.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 TBT Entertainment Group.

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP